Troops of Operation LAFIYA DOLE have been charged to be alert, courageous and more decisive in the fight against Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs) in North East Nigeria.
Soldiers have fought off attempts by Boko Haram fighters to overrun two army bases in northeast Nigeria, security sources told AFP on Friday, in the latest attacks to hit the region.
Jihadists attacked a forward operation base in the town of Bama, some 70 kilometres (45 miles) southeast of the Borno state capital, Maiduguri, at about 3:45 am (0245 GMT) Friday.
“The terrorists were in many vehicles… and engaged soldiers in a battle which lasted until 7:05 am,” said one military source, speaking on condition of anonymity.
“The terrorists were repelled and the base was secured. No casualty has so far been recorded.”
A second military source confirmed the account and said reinforcements were sent from a battalion stationed in Bama itself.
The attack came after Boko Haram fighters attacked a military base in the town of Rann, in northern Borno near the border with Cameroon, at about 9:30 pm on Thursday.
“The terrorists came in four gun trucks and several motorcycles and attacked the base of 3 Battalion in Rann,” the first source said in an account supported by local civilian militia.
“It was a heavy fight that lasted for an hour before the terrorists were pushed out with aerial support.”
You may also like…
92total visits,1visits today